When your business IT network is attacked or confidential data is accessed by cybercriminals, you must act quickly in response. DFI Forensics Inc. will help determine what happened, how it happened, what was accessed, what was taken and, if possible, who did it.
Cybercriminals and malicious intruders use a variety of techniques to continually attack business IT networks and access confidential data. These attacks often focus on:
- breaching your IT network;
- accessing confidential business or client data;
- encrypting your network and shutting down your business; and
- ransom demands.
These attacks have been on the rise for years, but are more prevalent than ever. Further, your business may be under a legal obligation to report these incidents to the Government of Canada or your customers or clients.
It will be important for you to have clear answers following an attack so you can:
- have a crystal clear understanding of exactly what happened;
- get legal advice from a well qualified privacy lawyer; and
- work with an IT Security consultant to assess your organization’s need to make any necessary changes to minimize future attacks.
The future of your organization’s IT network and data protection initiatives begins with a thorough understanding of how you were victimized in the first place.